Thursday, June 11, 2009

Daylight



Has the night's therapy held you captive?

Has the sun's rise, the sun's smile not warn you of the day...

The day has come and so it has begun...
The recall of last night's memory and lingering dreams

The taste of love's wine has burst into consciousness...
The remembrance of what was... 
Although gone, I can't ignore what was...

Never had I imagine all this would be, could be
You brought the daylight into my fantasy world...
You captured a part of me that my heart refused to show

Like an open diary you've read my innermost secrets...
I've allowed you to read my pages...
I've allowed you to get underneath my skin...

Yet what does love want from me...
The day breaks the dawn...
The dawn has ceased the day 

And here we are in a lover's play...
Feelings I can't hide although you must search...
Search to discover me, to uncover the truth of who you see in me...

My window is misty in the fog...
Though my soul glows in the dark and shine forth.
I don't want to be caught in the dark

I don't wish to be consumed by the dark
I draw the blinds so the light may come in...
Starkly, I let it flood in... Into me, into you

Daylight has come and now it's begun...
To rewind, to recall what was...
Clarity of our realities may not come

But soon to be discovered is the dream of tonight
So at daylight, I only need to click replay...

Can we switch?


Written by: Rachael N. Collymore
January 11, 2009

© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment