Monday, January 23, 2012

Nature returns...

7th Jan. 2012

I awoke and listened... The birds, the rustling of leaves, flapping wings...

I awoke with a heavy heart. Thinking of the gift that graced this earth - recapturing nature in its truest form.

Remembering the last time I heard the jimbay, that repetitive beat... A voice from within the hollow sound rose. Rhythmic - such is the effect of the drum on my soul...

But it was the silence, the quietness, the focus, the dedication, the humbleness that exuded... Ja Jah.

A gem, a jewel... the world couldn't contain you.

So gracious of you to share your spirit... empowering us to stop. Listen... 

The soul was transported to a place of serenity and quiet meditation.

I welcome the silence and allow my thoughts to roam...

I thank you for your musical offerings and the legacy you've left behind

As your offspring continue the journey, I wish you farewell...

May your soul rest and drift through the breeze and bathed in the richness of the sun,

in the coolness of raindrops and in the dew of morn.

Gone too soon, but you've left an indelible impression on the hearts of many...

An unforgettable memory of a life that visited us for a while... Just for a moment.

But as the sea reclaims the land, so too does nature embraces you:

A jem, a jewel... 


--
Rachael N. Collymore
© 2012

A dedication to Ja Jah Oga Onilu - 06.01.2012

Dedication to Ja Jah Oga Onilu


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment