Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Library Corridor

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

I sit on the outskirts - an observer

The sound of car engines, roar - then silence

A vagrant is on the pavement opposite me -

One rummages through the dustbin for something to eat - the discarded remains.

A passerby - a good Samaritan, gives one food, then to another - something to drink -

A lil small talk ensues, then off he goes. 

I look on...

There are young couples sitting on the short staircase by the library -

another at the far end.

All gaiety and youthful folly - oblivious to the world around them.

I'm waiting...

Time seems to take its time, today.

It's quiet again -

The wind blows; 

The afternoon breeze;

The day's calm - 

I'm sitting...

Cars 'pull up' to the curb, park -

Women and men, regal and splendid,

decked in all finery...

Filled with pride and exuberance, step out.

I smile to myself -

a case of being noticed; to be seen and not seen.

What attracts the eye and at the same time turns a blind eye?

Sometimes in silence - the greatest noise is heard -

Such is an epiphany...

Yet my travelling eyes continue to roam, until...

I get up, I walk away -

It's time for me to go.


Written by: Rachael N. Collymore
© 2010




No comments:

Post a Comment