Sunday, November 21, 2010

Coloured Girls...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected


I saw Tyler Perry's, "For Colored Girls" and it shook me.


Overwhelmed by grief - A sad reality of the 'sisters' and of those who loved and lost.

I can't divorce myself from this imminent pain.

I can't separate me from 'she', from he who defiled her.

Pent up rage...

Mixed emotions bottled within me.

Uncontrollable emotions; anger, hurt, pain, anguish, shame...

"How could he?" No no no...

How could we? How could we?

Day by day, we turn a blind eye to the daunting reality of a society gone bad.

In need of a cleansing from within, to purge the horror that pervades the day, the night -

The streets, the homes... the colour, red.

Ashen. Stained by death that lurked and knocked on each broken door.

Battered and bruised. Unseen scars on a trampled heart and a dying soul.

There IS a "missing generation"!

I saw a mirror image of today; a reflection that rocked my core.

For Colored Girls...  

and we wonder why.

and we wonder why.

We've walked on graves for too long.

Pain rules us; pumps the adrenaline in our brain to keep us moving.

- I could take it... My back is broad

... or so you think!

These delicate limbs of mine,

these hips and thighs...

My bossom pillows your child... The one you denied - was yours!

Blessed womb of mine...

Cursed seed of those who can't tend to their own. 

... and we wonder why. 

How dare you! This flesh and blood is worth nothing to you...

but you use it and abuse it.

taking all my stuff!!! 

Robbing me... Cha!

Thought you took it all away and left me empty.

but these dry bones live.

these dry bones live.

My love's too...

You can't take that away.

Don't close your eyes. I want you to see.

Sorry does me no good.
Sorry does me no good...

but I got life.


Written by: Rachael N. Collymore
© 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment