Saturday, August 21, 2010

Healing

If words could heal like hands do

If it could mend the wounds and heal the scars

If nothing at all could be said and yet, everything spoken...

If these vibrations could conquer a heart, dry a tear's drop,

turn a frown upside down, 

make the fiery tirade stop and diffuse all agony;

how then will I inspire thee?

Touched by every conceivable object - 

this wave, a wave of unrelenting emotion

mixed with all fleshly feeling, crashes at the shore...

Out of balance,

upside down and in a tidal undertaking,

this buoyancy evokes all senses,

ignites the passion in me to write...

It's relevancy is what irks me, yet

the inspiration to heal myself through words,

ideas and thoughts move me again and again.

Free me... Heal me...

These words speak to me 

Echo my plight from dawn to night...

Therefore, I must write this, if I am to be freed of myself...
to be me...

To find peace... (Maslow was right!)

Releasing all expressions - no indigestion here,

for my soul is free at last!

Clearing my head's space for new creations to emerge...

Sparking nerve endings, fuelling the incentive...

The mind can take so much and so much alone - for brain overload.


Every touch of life's shower sends an outpouring...

If one word could change all this,

If one word could counteract all other words,

If one word could make all things stop,


Then this word would be...


Written by: Rachael N. Collymore
© 2010


1 comment:

  1. " A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself." - Abraham Maslow

    ReplyDelete