Saturday, November 7, 2009

Reflections



If you knew me you'd know that I would...

I would pour my heart and soul to give the best and all of me

No reserves; all, because that is me...

Who I am called to be; not defined by any worldly standard or dictate...

Not limited by or suppressed by any status or acclaimed hierarchy of what determines my success.

If you knew me, you would see a friend that will stretch every limb to reach you at your point of need.

You see, God created me in the image of Him; my heart is His...

My character, He has molded to suit the likeness of Him, for I am, His...

It's the God in me that longs to shine forth to reveal the revelation of me...

All praises to Him who has kept me strong in my weakness, in my sorrow, in my anger, in my pain...

In Him I trust to be the source of my strength... for He knows, He sees and lives through my being...

my very existence... every breath I take, every waking moment, He has predestined.

The trials I live, the tests I take and sometimes fail, He has set...
He has allowed, for me to go through the fire to be refined...
because of Him, my soul lives and is refreshed and nourished by His words, not man's...

The world is an evil place that I am in, only for a season... for worlds fade.

I render my heart and soul to the one who has fashioned me to serve Him,

that I might fulfill His purpose in me before leaving earth...

If you knew me, you'd know the reason why I live;

to do the will of Him who sent me.


Written by: Rachael N. Collymore
© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment