Monday, January 23, 2012

a place

27th Oct. 2011

I'll wait... 

If it means that I will be free

Free from mind's captivity

I'll speak and stand for liberty

For real unity: African, Indian, Asian

A place with one race, one face...

I'll wait...

For if only you could see beyond colour and creed

That we are one people; a family with the same blood.

Shoot me and I'll bleed red: We are one.

Our history, our journey may be different

but at the crossroad we shall meet, side by side

we will carry on and rise to fulfil our purpose and destiny.

Don't try to divide us by our differences,

Let us unite and embrace our uniqueness...

Done away with racism, war and violence.

Stop the hate, let's learn to love - love one another.

So I'll wait till  my last breath

and hope that one day we can be friends

as we build the bond of everlasting love.

Hear me as I speak, through our unifying language

Music.

Let's dance!

--
Rachael N. Collymore
© 2011


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment