Thursday, March 10, 2011

Perplexities

Don't want to lose myself to you

Don't want to drown in your ocean

Don't want to slip and fall...


I've got words so I write them...

I love art and I love music, but I listen with reason and observe with keen sight.

The creative in me sees no limit, no boundaries, no fullstops...

Simply the beauty of infinity -

Vastness and a large, stark canvas -  in waiting.


Wish to brush strokes on this untouched surface...

See lines and shapes; images form from nothing...

A splash of colour will do just fine... then a verse to add rhyme.


I could melt in my dreams... 

I see visions of a distant place... places I'll soon be.

Life's map carved from rough matter... Chiselled and etched.

Sheds the old... the dust drifts away.


The road's unwinding, but the world's a kaleidoscope.

Changing patterns...

'Different strokes for different folks' - is that so?

Yet I believe in my consciousness...


Don't want to lose myself to you -

The you that births my passion...

I am spell bound to create -

determine to transform...


Don't want to drown in your ocean

Caught by the burning need to do things differently

To change my course for a moment... 

Don't want to drown in your ocean - though it's a rush.


Don't want to slip and fall...

Can't lose self.

Can't lose my identity...

Don't want to fall into an abyss

Don't want to slip into emptiness.


The matrices of the now factor plagues the mind's rationale of existance.

In a maze, shifting positions...

The road is unwinding, but the world's a kaleidoscope.


What does the inner voice say?

-------------

Written by: Rachael N. Collymore
© 2011


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment