Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where loyalties lie...


In the movement of time

We walk along the same line

Hand in hand, in stride

Our dreams collide.

Fates mapped out

Plans set 

all links check; our lives coincide

For we are kindred spirits 

Our purpose unite...

Side by side and in full flight

To our destiny or so it seemed -

Five, ten, twelve years ahead 

Our tomorrows no longer seem the same

No longer do we dream the same dreams

Share the same hopes and aspirations

Or walk along the same road as we used to

All seems dead... ended by a time passed

A life lived...

The world no longer seems to be the place we dreamt it to be.

Society has changed gears, shifted our plans as years compiled...

Things that we believed we could attain in our universe, moved to a distant place.

For we were the product of our imagination, 

Where dreams were spawn and promises kept 

For such was our destiny; such was the fate of you and me...

Gravity struck hard and with each blow on earth's concrete core,

I remembered, before adulthood - my childhood

I remembered where I wanted to be now

I remembered our dreams, the promises, the laughter before 

the dawning of reality - whatever is reality...

Yes, I remembered you, 

I remembered me... 

I remembered... we.

Time

Time

Time

There was a time when all this was real to you, to me.

In this growing stage we call life...

In this age of time -

The day of reckoning comes

And the promise therein...

Ushering hope and dreams in abundance

To bridge the gap between time and distance...


Written by: Rachael N. Collymore
© 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment