Saturday, October 24, 2009

Inner Thoughts


I stand there a thousand things pass through my mind

As the sun's rays scorch my skin, the heat rages as I look ahead

Like a mantra, Hope and pray drums in my head...

Hope and pray

Hope and pray

Hope and pray

Hope and pray that soon, one day...

One day will see the actuality of my dreams

One day I would muster up the courage, I would have the bravery
to stand free, unashamed

One day I will look to you and you and you and smile cause I would have achieved something on that day...

No accomplishment of some grandiose feat, no

In the little things, I'd jump one hurdle, one at a time

I would have built with one brick then another,

Humbled by each test, each step I make.

With life in me, each layer of self would be discarded

As the you in me begins to reflect, as I am perfected

I stand in the gap; rid of all impurities

My reflection begins to show, my true identity radiates...

Staring at me, I see you and smile...

So I hope and pray

I hope and pray that I'll see the glory of your light shining through me

Nothing's in vain, I am thankful for what is granted to me now.

For I know all things work together for good...

I wait.


Written by: Rachael N. Collymore
© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment