Wednesday, June 17, 2009

This is the world!



I felt lost today...

As pain gripped my body

As tears threatened to flow

Reality hit me for the first time. What a blow!

The first time it came face to face with me.

I collected my thoughts, as I vowed not to cry...

Not to let a tear drop as glassy eyes blurred my vision for a brief moment.

This is the world.

Was it a rude awakening? Brace yourself...

I was prepared for this... Wasn't I?

You're stronger than this, right?

Your back is broad.

You can take this.

This is small compared to what you're yet to go through.

Don't let this overcome you...

My mind goes back to the news of a cruel death...

The innocence of a child...

Protect the young...

Suffer the little ones unto me.

This is the world.

You're blessed; do you know this?

I have shielded you from many hardship that the world offers.

The world is not a nice place, although the life of royalty,
dazzles and sways one into the comforts of its deadly grasp!

Naive I can be to the wiles of the world...

Tools used for destruction...

How can I curb the hate when this is the world I live in?

I cannot love it;

I cannot save it,

for this is the world!

So why then does my heart ache at its plight?

Why do I wish to avenge; it's not my fight...

I am angry yet still...

Passionate for a cause...

It does not save this world...


I discern the times... Watch!!!

It is coming to pass...

This is the world!

Shed not your tears for yourself...

I shed for you

I pray for you

I hope for you - That life would be kind...

For one can't deny - The fact that is a realisation now...

That this too shall pass!

You must remember and be of keen sight
that this is the world...

Do not despair

Do not fear

For this reason I am sobered in my thinking.

As I get a hold of myself

Not a tear shall fall in self-pity

My shield beside me.

I will not despair

Steadfast to the end,

I repeat:

This is the world!


Written by: Rachael N. Collymore

©2009

No comments:

Post a Comment