Sunday, June 14, 2009

Someone


Everyone is finding someone; matching up with one another

Maybe their better half, maybe their whole...


Someone to call their own; they unite and create love... love is borne

Yet I look, most times I don't - yet I don't see someone...

To say that I long for someone to compliment me... at times I just don't know!

What I thought to be free - this love in me was not so...

I spent it unreservedly and my returns I'm yet to see...

In times like these, when I feel reflective and somewhat contemplative

I wonder, would there be - someone - for me?

Some accuse unknowingly of what lies ahead and within.

To think myself as above and not beneath or too good or not good enough...

Well... all bottled up I guess things can appear to be a certain shade and colour in dim view.

Do I send the 'right' signals to one of liken traits or kind?

To this, I remain unsure, for I may need to question my wants, my desires, my aspirations, my dreams...

Or what I think He has ordained for me.

Is my patience wearing thin? Am I getting too old? Is time running out?

What time? Whose is it to dispense?

I might say or rather admit that I feel as if my clock is ticking - as they say...

I watch my life and I wonder what have I to account for?

What have I fulfilled? What have I yet to fulfill?

My mind drifts - is someone out there for me? Designed and shaped to fit me or for me to fit...

Am I living some fairytale or am I living?

Am I looking for love; do I have love?

The body has needs: comfort, warmth and contentment

Yet at times, I do miss the company of another's warm embrace...

I wish things could just be for the moment,

although one has to fit in the status quo; the mold offered by society

What is the given propriety?

I glance at the overview... I watch the shifting of things, of change

I detect changes in me and that may be the object or source of my

immense perplexity.

However, what seems imminent is the shrinking of time

The closure that would soon be but soon may not be aligned with the ticking of
this time...

I remain open to the obvious and the not-so obvious self

Until such a presence grace my soul or my soul touches thine...

In my mind, I may dream of someone standing by me...


Written by: Rachael N. Collymore


© 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment